Xovoltib 20mg belongs to the class of medications called protein kinase inhibitors. Xovoltib 20mg is a targeted therapy drug used to treat non-small cell lung cancer (NSCLC). It may also be used to treat other cancers as part of clinical trial. Xovoltib 20mg is a prescription drugs which is used under the supervision of medical practioners.
Xovoltib 20mg is used for the first-line therapy of patients with metastatic non-small cell lung cancer(NSCLC) whose cancer have epidermal growth factor receptor (EGFR) exon 19 deletions or exon 21 (L858R) changes mutations as detected by an FDA-approved test.
For adult the dose for metastatic non-small cell lung cancer is the usual dose is 40mg taken once per day. For child dosage ages of 0-17 years is not been studied in children. The drug should not be used age under 18 years of age For renal impairment: usual dose is 30mg taken once per day Take Xovoltib on an empty stomach. Consume the drug 1 hour before or 2 hours after a meal Avoid cutting or crushing the tablet
Xovoltib 20mg stops the activating sites called tyrosine kinases of various proteins within the cell. These proteins are most likely to develop cancer growth when the tumor includes the EGFR gene mutation. By stopping these targets, it will target the cancer will shrink.
If patients have some serious condition then avoid the drug because the conditions will worse, the conditions like :
Embryo-fetal toxicity: Xovoltib 20mg will cause harm to the foetus when administrated to pregnant women
Keratitis: if patients confirm with suspected keratitis or ulcerative keratitis then stop or discontinue the drug
Interstitial lung disease (ILD)
Bullous and exfoliative skin disorders
While concomitant use with P-gpinhibitors (cyclosporine A, ketoconazole verapamil) with Xovoltib 20mg will increase exposure to Afatinib
While co administration with P-gpinducers (carbamazepine, phenytoin, phenobarbital) with Xovoltib 20mg will decrease exposure to Afatinib
• Loss of appetite
• Mouth sores
• Dry skin
• Nail infection
Serious side effects :
• Breathing trouble
• Cough and fever
• Yellowing the skins
• Brown coloured urine
• Bleeding or bruising
• Blurred vision
• Fast heartbeat.
When the drug Xovoltib 20mg is administrated to a pregnant woman will harm the foetus. Pregnancy should avoid while on treatment with Xovoltib 20mg
Xovoltib 20mg Store at 250C
Keep Xovoltib 20mg away from children.
Xovoltib 20mg Excretion into human milk is unknown or will have adverse reaction in a child who is breastfed.
Therefore, decision should take whether to stop breastfeeding or discontinuation of medicine.
If patient fail to take the dose of Xovoltib 20mg, must consult with medical oncologist and follow the suggestions Do not self-medicate. The missed dose must be skipped and follow the regular dosing schedule Do not double the dose
1. Anti-Cancer-Drugs.com, a fully licensed and regulated pharmacy, takes all precautions to strictly abide by the laws and regulations set forth in the dispensing of prescription medications. By placing the order for your prescription medicines, you acknowledge and accept the following terms regarding the purchase of any prescription medicines.
2. Anti-Cancer-Drugs.com will not dispense any prescription medication without a valid prescription from a licensed physician.
3. If you are ordering prescription medication(s), you hereby confirm that you will send us a scanned copy of your valid prescription(s) via email, fax, Whatsapp, or by post, and this prescription shall then be subject to the scrutiny of and approval by our qualified Pharmacists.
4. The drug information provided in the Anti-Cancer-Drugs.com is for informative purposes only and this Website is not intended to provide diagnosis, treatment or medical advice. We are not liable for any adverse effects or harm to you as a result of your reliance on the information in the Website.
5. Anti-Cancer-Drugs.com requires either the User or Customer or the Caregiver to confirm he/she is completely aware of the indications, side effects, drug interactions, effects of missed dose or overdose of the medicines he/she orders from us. It is imperative to seek professional advice from your physician before purchasing or consuming any medicine from Anti-Cancer-Drugs.com
6. At Anti-Cancer-Drugs.com, a Caregiver can order prescription medicines on your behalf.