Alectinib is generic form of brand name Alecensa.
Alecensa 150mg belongs to second generation oral drug which selectively prohibits the activity of anaplastic lymphoma kinase (ALK) tyrosine kinase.
It is part used in the treatment of non-small cell lung cancer (NSCLC) expressing the ALK-EML4 (echinoderm microtubule-associated protein-like 4) fusion protein that causes proliferation of NSCLC cells.
Alecensa is a prescription drug which is used under guidance of medical practioners
Alecensa 150mg is used for the therapy of patients with anaplastic lymphoma kinase (ALK)-positive metastatic non-small cell lung cancer (NSCLC).
Non- Small Cell Lung Cancer :
The usual dose of Alecensa is 600mg PO BID until disease progression or unacceptable
Renal impairment patients dose of Alecensa is 450mg orally twice daily
Alecensa is administrated with food
Alectinib is a group of drugs belongs to tyrosine kinase inhibitor which targets ALK and RET.
In nonclinical studies, Alectinib prevents ALK phosphorylation and ALK-mediated energizing of the downstream signalling proteins STAT3 and AKT, andlower the tumor cell activity in multiple cell lines harbouring ALK fusions, amplifications, or activating mutations.
Peak plasma concentration 4 hours and bioavailability of Alecensa 37%
Alectinib bound to human plasma proteins 99%
Metabolized by CYP3A4 to its major active metabolite M4, the main circulating moieties in plasma, total radioactivity 76% constituting.
In oral administration, radioactivity 98% was excreted in feces. 84% dose was excreted in the feces unchanged Alectinib.
Half-life is 33 hours
• Due to Alecensa administration, Symptomatic bradycardia may have observed; control heart rate and blood pressure regularly
• Alecensa may causes Severe myalgia and elevated CPK resulted; advise patients to report any unexplained muscle pain, tenderness, or weakness;
• Embryo-fetal toxicity: Based on data from animal studies and its mechanism of action, Alecensa can cause fetal harm when administered to pregnant women.
• Renal impairment occurred during Alecensa treatment; incidence of Grade ≥3 renal impairment was 1.7%, of which 0.5% were fatal events.
No pharmacokinetic interactions with Alecensa 150mg needed dosage adjustment have been observed.
Alecensa causes some side effects while administrating certain condition as follows :
COMMON SIDE EFFECTS:
• Muscle pain
• Nausea or vomiting
• Abdominal Pain on the right side
• Bleeding or bruising more easily than normal
• Lung Problems
• Trouble breathing
• Shortness of breath .
Based on studies of animal and mechanism of action, Alecensa 150mg will cause fetal harm when given to pregnant women
Advice the female not to become pregnant while on treatment with Alecensa
If the patient vomits after taking a dose of ALECENSA or missed to take a dose, then should not to take an extra dose, but to take the next dose at the regular time, skip the missed dose.
During treatment with Alecensa, advise the women not to breastfed to infants
Store at below 300C
Store the drug in original container
1. Anti-Cancer-Drugs.com, a fully licensed and regulated pharmacy, takes all precautions to strictly abide by the laws and regulations set forth in the dispensing of prescription medications. By placing the order for your prescription medicines, you acknowledge and accept the following terms regarding the purchase of any prescription medicines.
2. Anti-Cancer-Drugs.com will not dispense any prescription medication without a valid prescription from a licensed physician.
3. If you are ordering prescription medication(s), you hereby confirm that you will send us a scanned copy of your valid prescription(s) via email, fax, Whatsapp, or by post, and this prescription shall then be subject to the scrutiny of and approval by our qualified Pharmacists.
4. The drug information provided in the Anti-Cancer-Drugs.com is for informative purposes only and this Website is not intended to provide diagnosis, treatment or medical advice. We are not liable for any adverse effects or harm to you as a result of your reliance on the information in the Website.
5. Anti-Cancer-Drugs.com requires either the User or Customer or the Caregiver to confirm he/she is completely aware of the indications, side effects, drug interactions, effects of missed dose or overdose of the medicines he/she orders from us. It is imperative to seek professional advice from your physician before purchasing or consuming any medicine from Anti-Cancer-Drugs.com
6. At Anti-Cancer-Drugs.com, a Caregiver can order prescription medicines on your behalf.