Avastin which contains the active ingredients Bevacizumab an humanized monoclonal antibody in which they are proteins and joins to other unique protein in body. Avastin has effect will interfere with growth of tumors by blocking the blood vessels growth providing the nutrients and oxygen to the tumor. Avastin mainly recommended for advanced cancer in large bowel i.e. colon or rectum, non small cell lung cancer and advanced kidney cancer. Avastin is administrated under supervision monitoring by doctor.
Avastin injection is an antineoplastic drug which is indicated for the treatment, prevention, control and recovering from following diseases:
Metastatic colorectal cancer (mCRC)
Non – squamous non small cell lung cancer (NSCLC)
Metastatic renal cell carcinoma (mRCC)
Persistent,recurrent or metastatic carcinoma of the cervix
Platinum – Resisitant Recurrent Epithelial Ovarian, Fallopian Tube or Primary Peritoneal Cancer.
Metastatic colorectal cancer (mCRC) :
Avastin recommended dose, given as an IV infusion, is as follows: First-line Treatment: 5 mg/kg of body weight once every 2 weeks or 7.5 mg/kg of body weight given once every 3 weeks. 10 mg/kg of body weight for every 2 weeks or 15 mg/kg of body weight for once every 3 weeks for Second-line Treatment. Avastin treatment recommended to be continued until progression of the underlying disease.
Non – squamous non small cell lung cancer (NSCLC):
Avastin prescribed dose is 10 mg/kg of body weight administer for once every 2 weeks or 15 mg/kg of body weight once every 3 weeks administer IV infusion. Avastin treatment recommended to be continued until progression of the underlying disease.
Avastin recommended dose is 10 mg/kg of body weight given once every 2 weeks or 15 mg/kg of body weight given once every 3 weeks administer an IV infusion.
Avastin dose is 10 mg/kg of body weight for once every 2 weeks administer intervenous infusion.
Persistent,recurrent or metastatic carcinoma of the cervix:
Avastin in combination with paclitaxel and cisplatin or paclitaxel and topotecan: 15 mg/kg IV every 3 weeks
Platinum – Resisitant Recurrent Epithelial Ovarian, Fallopian Tube Or Primary Peritoneal Cancer:
Avastin in combination with topotecan dose is 15 mg/kg of body weight for once every 3 weeks administer IV infusion.
Avastin administrated as an intravenous infusion 1st infusion: over 90minutes Subsequent infusion: If first infusion tolerated administer over 60 minutes and If second infusion over 60minutes is tolerated then administer subsequent infusion over 30minutes.
Avastin is a type of class of anti angiogensis drugs and monoclonal antibody. Mechanism of Avastin by inhibiting the process of angiogenesis by aiming and preventing human vascular endothelial growth factor (VEGF). Vascular endothelial growth factor (VEGF) is a small protein released by cells that have specific effects on the behavior of cells ( cytokine) that will binds with its receptors in the cell leads to formation or angiogenesis of new blood vessel . Distribution: volume of distribution 2.9 (22%) Elimination: adults 20days (11 to 50 days), Pediatric patient median 11.8 days for age 1 to 21 yrs Intravitreal : 5 to 10 days
When Avastin injection used in combination of interferon alfa, Carboplatin or paclitaxel will reduce paclitaxel exposure after 4 cycles of treatment. Patients receiving paclitaxel and Carboplatin alone will have increased paclitaxel exposure at day 63.
• Inform the doctor or pharmacist about allergic condition against Avastin if you had, fluorouracil (Adrucil, 5-FU), any another regimens, or any of the compound in Bevacizumab tablets.
• Previously you have been taking or ever had DPD (dihydropyrimidine dehydrogenase) deficiency of enzyme . Inform the doctor about this then your doctor may preferably inform you avoid taking Avastin.
• Consult with the doctor that you have or have ever had renal, hepatic, or cardiac problem
• Inform the doctor that are you pregnant or plan to become pregnant..Do not planto have children while on treatment with Avastin. You should use a essential method of conceiving to prevent pregnancy in yourself or your partner during your treatment with Avastin The drug will harm the fetus.
• while on treatment with Avastin not recommended for breast feeding
Category D: while administrating Avastin in pregnant women, positive evidence on fetal risk depends on human studies but potential benefits by using the drug may have common risk against fetus.
Avastin is excreted into breast milk taking account on this, discussion should done on whether to discontinue the breast feeding or the drug. The drug is unsafe While using during breast feeding to their infants.
If overdose suspected, headache is occurred and seek to medical department or poison control helpline.
Avastin is stored under 2-80C Keep the drug in the original carton for protect from light until time to use. Do not shake the vial or freeze it.
If single doses missed by patients then administer the dose as soon you remember, If it is near to next dose then skip the missed dose and follow the regular schedule. Avoid taking extra dose at a time.
As If cannot follow regular dose schedule,then keep an alarm to remind your dose schedule. Please consult the doctor for any dose schedule changes or new schedule for equally missed dose
Hypersensitivity to the active substance of Avastin or to any of the excipients.
1. Anti-Cancer-Drugs.com, a fully licensed and regulated pharmacy, takes all precautions to strictly abide by the laws and regulations set forth in the dispensing of prescription medications. By placing the order for your prescription medicines, you acknowledge and accept the following terms regarding the purchase of any prescription medicines.
2. Anti-Cancer-Drugs.com will not dispense any prescription medication without a valid prescription from a licensed physician.
3. If you are ordering prescription medication(s), you hereby confirm that you will send us a scanned copy of your valid prescription(s) via email, fax, Whatsapp, or by post, and this prescription shall then be subject to the scrutiny of and approval by our qualified Pharmacists.
4. The drug information provided in the Anti-Cancer-Drugs.com is for informative purposes only and this Website is not intended to provide diagnosis, treatment or medical advice. We are not liable for any adverse effects or harm to you as a result of your reliance on the information in the Website.
5. Anti-Cancer-Drugs.com requires either the User or Customer or the Caregiver to confirm he/she is completely aware of the indications, side effects, drug interactions, effects of missed dose or overdose of the medicines he/she orders from us. It is imperative to seek professional advice from your physician before purchasing or consuming any medicine from Anti-Cancer-Drugs.com
6. At Anti-Cancer-Drugs.com, a Caregiver can order prescription medicines on your behalf.