Bortenat 3.5mg belongs to class of anti-cancer medicine, which is in the form of lyophilized powder A first beneficial proteasome inhibitor is known as Bortenat 3.5mg; proteasome is a cellular structure which breaks the proteins
Bortenat should be used alone or combination with dexamethasone Three week course is considered as therapy cycle A minimum 72 hours should slip away between constant doses of Bortenat
Partially, 72 hours should be passing between following doses of Bortenat
Bortenat (lyophilized powder form) is reconstituted by using 0.9% sodium chloride (NS) Bortenat should be reconstituted in 3.5ml NS The route of administration is IV bolus Intrathecal not use for administration In adults:
The Bortenat recommended dose for untreated mantle cell lymphoma is; 1.3mg/m2 of Bortenat administered as IV bolus given as two times weekly by combining with rituximab, cyclophosphamide, doxorubicin and tablet prednisolone for two weeks (day I, IV, VIII & XI) followed rest period of 10 days (day II through 21).
The usual dose of Bortenat is 1.3mg/m2 should be administered through IV bolus or subcutaneous as two times for two weeks (day1, 4, 8, and 11) followed by a ten day rest course (day 12 through 21) Treatment schedule increased above 8 cycles may be taken once weekly for 4 weeks (day 1, 8, 15, and 22), followed by 13 day rest (day 23 over 35)
Mechanism of action :
Pharmacological category: anti-neoplastic agent or proteasome inhibitor Bortenat 3.5mg is a type of chymotrypsin like activity unpredictable inhibitor of the 26S proteasome in human cells. The 26S proteasome is a big protein multiplex which degraded the accompany proteins The functioning site of proteasome has Chymotrypsin like Trypsin like Postglutamyl peptide hydrolysis activity The 26S proteasome enzyme recede assorted proteins which demanding to tumor cells survival like cyclins, tumor suppressors, BCL-2 & cyclin dependent kinase inhibitors Prevention of these degenerations, sensitizes cells to apoptosis and cell arrest
Strong CYP3A4 inhibitors: there is a chance of getting Bortenat 3.5mg toxicity; so to reduce the dose of Bortenat 3.5mg while concomitant with CYP3A4 inhibitors Strong CYP3A4 inducers: decrease the exposure of Bortenat 3.5mg Avoid concomitant with st. Johns wort to decrease the exposure of Bortenat 3.5mg No clinical effect on Bortenat 3.5mg exposure while concomitant with melphalan-prednisone or dexamethasone alone
Most common side effects occurred after administration of Bortenat includes:
Black tarry stools,
Blood in urine,
Burning, crawling, itching, numbness, prickling,
Chest pain .
Cough producing mucus, dizziness, faintness, nerve pain, painful urination, pale skin, runny nose, sore throat, stuffy nose, swollen glands, sunken eyes, ulcer, dry mouth, ear congestion, loss of voice
Less common side effects:
irregular breathing , Swelling of peripheral organs ,Dilated veins, discomfort, increased sensitivity of pain & touch, , heart beats, , thickening of bronchial secretions loss of appetite, Muscle cramps Belching, bone pain, difficulty with moving & bowel movements, cold and shivering, , loss of taste, , muscle pain, stomach discomfort. Vomiting, loss of weight
While taking Bortenat 3.5mg some adverse effects occurs care should be taken in the conditions like Bortenat 3.5mg leads to peripheral neuropathy like burning sensation, hyperesthesia, hypoesthesia, paresthesia, neuropathic pain Manage postural Hypotension by altering the antihypertensive agents, hydration, and administration of mineralocorticoids or sympathomimetics Cardiac toxicity Pulmonary toxicity like Acute Respiratory Distress Syndrome, pneumonitis, interstitial pneumonia, lung infiltration Posterior reversible encephalopathy syndrome-stop the Bortenat 3.5mg therapy Gastrointestinal toxicity-fluid or electrolyte replacements have to take Thrombocytopenia and neutropenia Tumor lysis syndrome Hepatic toxicity Embryo fetal toxicity
Bortenat 3.5mg is not recommended in pregnancy condition, it causes harm to fetus Breast feeding is not recommended
Bortenat 3.5mg vial should be stored at 20oC to 25oC (68oF to 77oF) excursion between 15oC to 30oC (59oF to 86oF) Keep away from light and heat
Bortenat 3.5mg is not a normal medicine used as anti-cancer drug; it is not to be self-medicated.Please consult with physician and do not missed the cycles for course of therapy
If patient fail to take the dose of Bortenat 3.5mg, must consult with medical oncologist and followed the dosing schedules. Do not self administered
Hypersensitivity reaction occurs in patients who are contraindicated to Bortenat 3.5mg, boron, boric acid or glycine Bortenat 3.5mg is given through IV bolus or subcutaneous; whereas intrathecal administration is contraindicated to the patients who are receiving Bortenat 3.5mg
1. Anti-Cancer-Drugs.com, a fully licensed and regulated pharmacy, takes all precautions to strictly abide by the laws and regulations set forth in the dispensing of prescription medications. By placing the order for your prescription medicines, you acknowledge and accept the following terms regarding the purchase of any prescription medicines.
2. Anti-Cancer-Drugs.com will not dispense any prescription medication without a valid prescription from a licensed physician.
3. If you are ordering prescription medication(s), you hereby confirm that you will send us a scanned copy of your valid prescription(s) via email, fax, Whatsapp, or by post, and this prescription shall then be subject to the scrutiny of and approval by our qualified Pharmacists.
4. The drug information provided in the Anti-Cancer-Drugs.com is for informative purposes only and this Website is not intended to provide diagnosis, treatment or medical advice. We are not liable for any adverse effects or harm to you as a result of your reliance on the information in the Website.
5. Anti-Cancer-Drugs.com requires either the User or Customer or the Caregiver to confirm he/she is completely aware of the indications, side effects, drug interactions, effects of missed dose or overdose of the medicines he/she orders from us. It is imperative to seek professional advice from your physician before purchasing or consuming any medicine from Anti-Cancer-Drugs.com
6. At Anti-Cancer-Drugs.com, a Caregiver can order prescription medicines on your behalf.