Cometriq 80mg is a prescription drug which is used under the supervision of doctors.
Cometriq 80mg belongs to targeted therapy drug used to cure medullary thyroid cancer and kidney cancer that has spread and It is label includes a black box warning of gastrointestinal perforations, fistulas, and haemorrhage.
Cometriq 80mg is used for the treatment of :
Metastatic medullary thyroid cancer
Advanced renal cell carcinoma (RCC) who have getting before anti-angiogenic therapy.
Do not prescribe substitution forCometriq tablets with Cabozantinib capsules.
The usual dose of Cometriq is 140mg (one 80mg; Three 20mg).
Administration Cometriq is without food.
Inform the patients not to eat for at least 2 hours before and 1 hour after taking Cometriq. Follow the treatment until patient no longer experiences clinical benefit or experiences unacceptable toxicity.
Swallow Cometriq tablets whole. Do not crush Cometriq tablets.
Cabozantinib is a group of targeted therapy drug known as tyrosine kinase inhibitor. It works by prohibiting the signals inner cancer cells which made them develop and divide. This may help to restrict or reduced the development of the cancer. It can also prevent new blood vessels growing in the cancer. Cancer cells necessary to make new blood vessels, so they can grow and spread.
• Peak plasma concentration is observed in 2-5 hours
• Human plasma protein bounding of Cometriq is ≥ 99.7%
• Mostly metabolized by CYP3A4 and minorly by CYP2C9
• Eliminated mostly via feces 54 % and in urine 27% and half-life is 55 hours
Monitor the patients for symptoms of perforations and fistulas, contain abscess. stop Cometriq 80mg in patients who experience a perforation or a fistula.
Do not administer Cometriq 80mg to patients with a present history of haemorrhage or haemoptysis.
Discontinue the Cometriq 80mg in patients who develop an acute myocardial infarction, cerebral infarction, or any other clinically significant arterial thromboembolic complication.
Discontinuethe Cometriq 80mg for patient if have severe hypertension that cannot be controlled with anti-hypertensive therapy.
Inform pregnant women about potential risk to a foetus. Advise females of reproductive possible to use efficient contraception during treatment with Cometriq 80mg and for 4 months after the last dose
While combination with strong CYP3A4 inhibitor will increase the single dose plasma Cometriq 80mg exposure by 38%.
While combination with strong CYP3A4 inducers will decreased the single dose plasma Cometriq 80mg exposure by 77%
Concomitant use with MRP2 inhibitors may increase the exposure to Cometriq 80mg
• GI perforations and fistulas
• Thrombotic events
• Hypertension and hypertensive crisis
• Palmar-plantar erythrodysesthesia
• Reversible posterior leukoencephalopathy syndrome.
Based on studies of animal and mechanism of action, Cometriq 80mg will cause fetal harm when given to pregnant women.
Advice the female not to become pregnant while on treatment with Cometriq 80mg.
If the patient vomits after taking a dose of Cometriq 80mg or missed to take a dose, then should not to take an extra dose, but to take the next dose at the regular time, skip the missed dose. Do not take the missed dose within 12 hours of next dose.
During treatment with Cometriq 80mg, advise the women not to breastfed to infants
Store the drug at 200C to 250C
Keep away from the children resistances
Cometriq 80mg is contraindicated patients having hypersensitivity reaction to the active substance or its excipients.
1. Anti-Cancer-Drugs.com, a fully licensed and regulated pharmacy, takes all precautions to strictly abide by the laws and regulations set forth in the dispensing of prescription medications. By placing the order for your prescription medicines, you acknowledge and accept the following terms regarding the purchase of any prescription medicines.
2. Anti-Cancer-Drugs.com will not dispense any prescription medication without a valid prescription from a licensed physician.
3. If you are ordering prescription medication(s), you hereby confirm that you will send us a scanned copy of your valid prescription(s) via email, fax, Whatsapp, or by post, and this prescription shall then be subject to the scrutiny of and approval by our qualified Pharmacists.
4. The drug information provided in the Anti-Cancer-Drugs.com is for informative purposes only and this Website is not intended to provide diagnosis, treatment or medical advice. We are not liable for any adverse effects or harm to you as a result of your reliance on the information in the Website.
5. Anti-Cancer-Drugs.com requires either the User or Customer or the Caregiver to confirm he/she is completely aware of the indications, side effects, drug interactions, effects of missed dose or overdose of the medicines he/she orders from us. It is imperative to seek professional advice from your physician before purchasing or consuming any medicine from Anti-Cancer-Drugs.com
6. At Anti-Cancer-Drugs.com, a Caregiver can order prescription medicines on your behalf.