Genxtor 25mg belongs to an inhibitor of mTOR, mammalian target of rapamycin.
Genxtor 25mg is a type of kinase inhibitor used as an antineoplastic agent. The mTOR kinase plays a role in stimulate a cascade that induces cell division, tumor growth and angiogenesis.
Genxtor 25mg is a prescription drugs which is used under the supervision of medical oncologist.
Genxtor 25mg is indicated for the treatment of advanced renal cell carcinomas.
Advanced Renal cell carcinoma :
Pre-treat with antihistamines (e.g. diphenhydramine 25-50 mg IV 30 minutes preinfusion
The recommended dose is 25mg IV infusion qweek until disease progression or unacceptable
Temsirolimus is a targeted cancer drug therapyknown as an mTOR inhibitor. It stops the effects of a protein called mTOR which is often over active in cancer cells. This protein creates the cells multiply and grow.
Temsirolimus also blocks the cancer from creating blood vessels, that the cells require to be able to develop. This is knownasanti-angiogenesis treatment. So Temsirolimuspotency help to blocks the cancer growing or may reduce the growth of the cancer.
Time to peak plasma time is 0.5-2 hr after infusion (sirolimus)
volumeof distribution is 172 L
Metabolized in liver; through CYP3A4 to active metabolite sirolimus and several other metabolites
Elimination: excretion through feces 78% and urine <5%
Half-Life: 17hr (Temsirolimus); 55hr (sirolimus)
Infections may report from immunosuppression
Bowel perforation may result; monitor fever, abdominal pain, bloody stools, and/or acute abdomen immediately
Renal failure, sometimes fatal, has resulted; monitor renal function at baseline and while on therapy
Due to atypical wound healing, use caution in perioperative period
Elderly patients may be more likely to experience certain adverse reactions, containing diarrhea, edema and pneumonia
Genxtor concomitant use with rifampin, a potent CY3A4/5 had no significant effect on Temsirolimus but reduced sirolimus Cmax by 65%.
Genxtor concomitant use with ketoconazole, a potent CY3A4 inhibitor had no significant effect on Temsirolimus but have high sirolimus Cmax by 65%.
When concomitant use with ramipril and/or amlodipine, angioedema has been resulted in patients taking mammalian target of rapamycin
More common side effects :
Hypophosphatemia, Weakness, Low blood counts , Rash, Mouth sores , Increased liver enzymes, Nausea, Swelling , Poor appetite , Hyperglycaemia, High in blood cholesterol levels , Increased blood creatine levels.
Less common side effects for patients receiving Temsirolimus :
Weight loss, Chest pain , Headache , nail disorder/thinning , Insomnia , Nose bleed , Sore throat, Dry skin, Reduce white blood cell count, Generalized aches and pains , Shortness of breath , Pain, Swelling in legs and feet , Diarrhea , Cough , Fever , Low potassium , Abdominal pain, Infection, Constipation , Taste disturbance , Back pain , Itching, Vomiting .
Pregnancy category is D
Avoid using Genxtor during pregnancy
The drug excreted into human milk is unknown and effects in the new born baby are unknown
Hence use is contraindicated
Avoid breastfeed during the treatment with Genxtor
If dose is missed, then have immediately before the reaching of next dose time or swap the missed dose and continue regular schedule. Consult the doctors for more information.
Store at 20- 80C
Protect from light
1. Anti-Cancer-Drugs.com, a fully licensed and regulated pharmacy, takes all precautions to strictly abide by the laws and regulations set forth in the dispensing of prescription medications. By placing the order for your prescription medicines, you acknowledge and accept the following terms regarding the purchase of any prescription medicines.
2. Anti-Cancer-Drugs.com will not dispense any prescription medication without a valid prescription from a licensed physician.
3. If you are ordering prescription medication(s), you hereby confirm that you will send us a scanned copy of your valid prescription(s) via email, fax, Whatsapp, or by post, and this prescription shall then be subject to the scrutiny of and approval by our qualified Pharmacists.
4. The drug information provided in the Anti-Cancer-Drugs.com is for informative purposes only and this Website is not intended to provide diagnosis, treatment or medical advice. We are not liable for any adverse effects or harm to you as a result of your reliance on the information in the Website.
5. Anti-Cancer-Drugs.com requires either the User or Customer or the Caregiver to confirm he/she is completely aware of the indications, side effects, drug interactions, effects of missed dose or overdose of the medicines he/she orders from us. It is imperative to seek professional advice from your physician before purchasing or consuming any medicine from Anti-Cancer-Drugs.com
6. At Anti-Cancer-Drugs.com, a Caregiver can order prescription medicines on your behalf.