Jakavi 10mg is a targeted therapy. It is an oral receptor tyrosine kinase inhibitor . Jakavi 10mg works by blocking certain enzymes in the body that affect blood cell production. Jakavi 10mg is prescription drug provided under supervision
Jakavi 10mg is indicated for the treatment in patients with intermediate and high-risk myelofibrosis.
rapid absorption and not affected by food maximum plasma level is 1.5 hours.
volume of distribution is 76.6 L plasma protein binding
metabolized by CYP3A4
excreted through urine 74% and unchanged drug is <1% and through urine 22% ,<1 % as unchanged drug.
Kinase inhibitor uses for treatment of patients with intermediate or high-risk myelofibrosis, involving mainly myelofibrosis, post-PolycythemiaVera myelofibrosis and post-essential thrombocythemia myelofibrosis
Starting recommended doses for myelofibrosis:
If Platelet count >200 x10^9/L the dose given is 20 mg PO BID If Platelet count 100-200 x10^9/L the dose given is 15 mg PO BID If Platelet count 50 to <100 x10^9/L the dose given is 5 mg PO BID Titrate dose based on response; not to exceed 25 mg PO BID
The recommended dose is 10mg PO BID Undergo CBC and platelet count prior starting and q2-4wk until doses are stabilized, and then as clinically used.
Ruxolitinib belongs to kinase inhibitor which is selective for the Janus analogue Kinases (JAK) 1 and 2. These kinases are necessary for the mediation of cytokine and growth factor signalling which in turn effect immune function and hematopoiesis. The signalling process contains signal transducers and transcription activators (STAT) which modulate gene expression. Patients having myelofibrosis contain abnormal JAK1 and JAK2 activity,henceRuxolitinibfunction to regulate this.
Non-melanoma skin cancers including basal cell, squamous cell, and Merkel cell carcinoma have occurred in patients treated with Jakavi 10mg. Perform periodic skin examinations.
Treatment with Jakavi 10mg can resulted in thrombocytopenia, anemia and neutropenia. Control thrombocytopenia by decreasing the dose or temporarily interfere with Jakavi 10mg. Platelet transfusions may be necessary.
Severe problem infection caused by delay initiate treatment with Jakavi 10mg until active severe infection have resolved.
Tuberculosis infection has been resulted in patients getting Jakavi 10mg. Observe patients receiving Jakavi 10mg for signs and symptoms of active tuberculosis and manage promptly.
Progressive multifocal leukoencephalopathy (PML) has occurred with Jakavi 5mgtreatment. If PML is suspected, stop Jakavi 10mg and evaluate
Jakavi 10mg combination with fluconazole doses greater than 200mg daily may increase Ruxolitinib exposure leads to increase the risks of exposure related adverse reaction.
Concomitant use of Jakavi 10mg with strong CYP3A4 inhibitors will increases Ruxolitinib exposure.
Concomitant use of Jakavi 10mg with strong CYP3A4 inducers will reduces Ruxolitinib exposure.
Avoid becoming pregnancy during Jakavi 10mg treatment. There are no studies with the use of Jakavi 10mg in pregnant women to inform drug-along risks.
Common side effects:
Serious side effects :
Increased liver enzymes, Diarrhea, Bruising, Swelling, Neutropenia, Dizziness, Increased cholesterol, Shortness of breath, Nasopharyngitis, Headache, Constipation, Nausea & Vomiting, Insomnia
If dose is failed to take then have the dose immediately before next dose timing reaches or skip the missed dose and continue the regular schedule.Consult doctors regarding missed dose.
During treatment with Jakavi 10mg avoid breast feeding to the infants. Excretion into human milk is unknown.
Jakavi 10mg stored at 200C to 280C. Protect away from light and moisture Dispense in its original container
1. Anti-Cancer-Drugs.com, a fully licensed and regulated pharmacy, takes all precautions to strictly abide by the laws and regulations set forth in the dispensing of prescription medications. By placing the order for your prescription medicines, you acknowledge and accept the following terms regarding the purchase of any prescription medicines.
2. Anti-Cancer-Drugs.com will not dispense any prescription medication without a valid prescription from a licensed physician.
3. If you are ordering prescription medication(s), you hereby confirm that you will send us a scanned copy of your valid prescription(s) via email, fax, Whatsapp, or by post, and this prescription shall then be subject to the scrutiny of and approval by our qualified Pharmacists.
4. The drug information provided in the Anti-Cancer-Drugs.com is for informative purposes only and this Website is not intended to provide diagnosis, treatment or medical advice. We are not liable for any adverse effects or harm to you as a result of your reliance on the information in the Website.
5. Anti-Cancer-Drugs.com requires either the User or Customer or the Caregiver to confirm he/she is completely aware of the indications, side effects, drug interactions, effects of missed dose or overdose of the medicines he/she orders from us. It is imperative to seek professional advice from your physician before purchasing or consuming any medicine from Anti-Cancer-Drugs.com
6. At Anti-Cancer-Drugs.com, a Caregiver can order prescription medicines on your behalf.