Ribociclib is a generic form of brand name Kisqali 200mg which belongs to selective cyclin-dependent kinase inhibitor, a class of drugs which help slow the progression of cancer by inhibiting two proteins called cyclin-dependent kinase 4 and 6 (CDK4/6). Kisqali 200mg is a prescription drug which is used under the supervision of medical practioners
Kisqali 200mg is used in combination with letrozole which an aromatase inhibitor for the treatment for women with breast cancer
The recommended dose of Kisqali is 600mg (three 200mg film coated tablets) administrated orally once daily for 21 consecutive days followed by 7 days off therapy resulting in a complete cycle of 28 days.
The drug Kisqali can be administrated with or without food.
Overdose: overdose with Kisqali in human has experienced very limited. In case occurs provide general symptomatic and supportive measures.
Prevents cyclin dependent kinases (CDK) 4 and 6; stop cellular multiplication of G1 into S phase of the cell cycle
These kinases are activated upon bounding to D cyclins and play a critical role in indicating pathways which causes cell cycle progression and cellular replication; the cyclin D-CDK4/6 complex manage cell cycle progression through phosphorylation of the retinoblastoma protein (pRb).
Time to high plasma concentration is 1-4 hr and steady state achieved is 8 days
Human plasma protein bound is 70%
Mainly metabolised by hepatic through CYP3A4 in humans
Kisqali is eliminated through feces 69% and urine 23%
Half -life is 32.6 hours
In patients with advanced or metastatic breast cancer will increases in transaminases were resulted; perform liver function test before starting treatment with Kisqali; based on severity of the transaminase elevations, Kisqali may require dose interference, reduction or stopping.
Kisqali has been exposed to prolong the QT interval in a concentration-dependent manner. Based on the observed QT prolongation during therapy, Kisqali may needed dose interruption, reduction, or discontinuation.
Do not use combination with tamoxifen due to increased QT prolongation.
Kisqali 200mg concomitant use with strong CYP3A4 inhibitor will increased Ribociclib exposure in healthy subjects but this combination cannot be avoided, so reduce the dose of Kisqali to 400mg once daily
Kisqali 200mg interaction with strong CYP3A4 inducers will decreased Ribociclib exposure in healthy subjects by 89% Interaction of midazolam with multiple doses of Kisqali will increased the midazolam exposure by 3.8-fold in healthy subjects.
There are no data available with the use of Kisqali 200mg in pregnant women to inform drug-associated risks. Hence avoid becoming pregnancy during Jakavi 5mg treatment.
Increased liver enzymes, Fatigue , Diarrhea, Hair loss, Decreased kidney function, Lack of appetite, Rash, Fever, Decreased in blood counts, Nausea and vomiting, Itching, Insomnia, Urinary tract infection.
If dose is missed the have the dose immediately before next dose timing reaches or skip the missed dose and continue the regular schedule.
Consult doctors regarding missed dose.
Do not breast feed during treatment with Kisqali 200mg. Excretion into human milk is unknown.
The drug Kisqali is store at 200C to 250C.
1. Anti-Cancer-Drugs.com, a fully licensed and regulated pharmacy, takes all precautions to strictly abide by the laws and regulations set forth in the dispensing of prescription medications. By placing the order for your prescription medicines, you acknowledge and accept the following terms regarding the purchase of any prescription medicines.
2. Anti-Cancer-Drugs.com will not dispense any prescription medication without a valid prescription from a licensed physician.
3. If you are ordering prescription medication(s), you hereby confirm that you will send us a scanned copy of your valid prescription(s) via email, fax, Whatsapp, or by post, and this prescription shall then be subject to the scrutiny of and approval by our qualified Pharmacists.
4. The drug information provided in the Anti-Cancer-Drugs.com is for informative purposes only and this Website is not intended to provide diagnosis, treatment or medical advice. We are not liable for any adverse effects or harm to you as a result of your reliance on the information in the Website.
5. Anti-Cancer-Drugs.com requires either the User or Customer or the Caregiver to confirm he/she is completely aware of the indications, side effects, drug interactions, effects of missed dose or overdose of the medicines he/she orders from us. It is imperative to seek professional advice from your physician before purchasing or consuming any medicine from Anti-Cancer-Drugs.com
6. At Anti-Cancer-Drugs.com, a Caregiver can order prescription medicines on your behalf.