The primary uses of Lenalid 15mg capsules are;
Lenalid 15mg is involved in the therapy of multiple myeloma by combining with dexamethasone.
Lenalid 15mg is shown as upkeep treatment in patients with MM following autologous hematopoietic immature microorganism transplantation (auto-HSCT).
Mantle cell lymphoma: Lenalid 15mg is used for this condition in patients who are already receiving Bortezomib therapy priory.
Lenalid 15mg involves in the inhibition of tumor necrosis factor alpha formation, which encourage the T-cells and causes diminishing serum levels of cytokines vascular endothelial growth factor & basic fibroblast growth factor. Lenalid 15mg is also involved in the prohibition of angiogenesis. Lenalidomide is also encouraged G1 cell cycle arrest & apoptosis of destructive cells.
Lenalid 15mg consisting Lenalidomide has various activities;
1. Immuno modulatory agent
2. Anti-angiogenesis agent
3. Anti-neoplastic agent
The Lenalid 15mg capsules are containing an active substance known as Lenalidomide which is an analogue of thalidomide with potent anti-neoplastic activity
The usual dose of Lenalid 15mg in myelodysplastic syndromes is 15mg should be administered as once a day.
For renal damaged patients;
Patients with CrCl >60ml/min should not require dosage adjustment.
Patients with CrCl 30 to 60ml/min, 15mg of Lenalid 15mg should be administered as once a day.
Patient with CrCl <30ml/min, 2.15mg of Lenalid 15mg should be given orally as a once a day.
Drops to <50000/mcL, therapy should be postponed. Back to > or equal to 50000/mcL, continue the Lenalid 15mg with 15mg/day.
Drops to <500/mcL, therapy should be postponed. Back to > or equal to 500/mcL, treatment should be continue to 15mg/day.
The absorption of Lenalidomide is occurs very quickly and reaches maximum plasma concentration with the range of 0.5 to 6 hours. The human plasma protein binding capacity of Lenalidomide is occurs by 30%. The metabolism of Lenalidomide is undergoes in limited events. In humans, the unchanged form of Lenalidomide is the most dominant circulating component. Two major metabolite of Lenalid 15mg; 5 hydroxy Lenalidomide N-acetyl Lenalidomide Nearly 90% & 4% of dose should be eliminated via urine & feces. This may occurs within 10 days. 82% of radioactive dose of Lenalidomide should be eliminated via urine within 24 hours. The mean half life period of Lenalid 15mg is 3 to 5 hours in multiple myeloma patients.
In this condition, Lenalid 15mg is combined with dexamethasone. The prescribed dose of Lenalid 15mg is 215mg should be administered as once daily on day 1 to 21. The dose of dexamethasone; 40mg of dexamethasone should be followed on day 1 to 4, 9 to 12 & 17 to 20 of each 28 day cycles. Patient with >75 years, 20mg of dexamethasone should be recommended on day 1, 8, 15, & 22.
The advised dose of Lenalid 15mg for this condition is 215mg should be administered orally as once daily. For renal damaged patients; CrCl 30 to 60ml/min, 15mg of Lenalid 15mg should be administered as once daily. CrCl <30ml/min, 115mg of Lenalid 15mg should be used for q48hr. Pediatrics; The potency & effectiveness of Lenalidomide has not been evaluated in pediatric patients with age of <18 years.
Lenalid 15mg with digoxin causes elevation of both Cmax & AUCinf of digoxin. Avoid this concomitant use. Patients should be monitored with digoxin plasma levels. Lenalid 15mg with Erythropoietic agents causes increased exposure of thrombosis. Patient should be counseled before starting the treatment about the risk benefit of these combinations. In multiple myeloma condition, Lenalid 15mg is combining with warfarin. In this condition both prothrombin time & INR value should be monitored periodically.
Lenalid 15mg capsules container should be stored at temperature of 20oC to 25oC. Keep the container away from heat, moisture, & light.
In case of missed dose occurs, patient must be consult with medical oncologist and follow the regular schedule. The over dosage of Lenalid 15mg is treated by providing some general supportive measures. The manifestation due to over dosage of Lenalid 15mg should be monitored frequently The over dosage of Lenalid 15mg caused neutropenia & thrombocytopenia Monitor the blood counts periodically.
Common side effects;
Fatigue, Asthenia, Pyrexia, Pain, Diarrhea, Dyspepsia, Bone pain, Neck pain, Muscle weakness, pain, Respiratory infections, UTI, Influenza, Sepsis, Headache, Anemia, Loss of appetite, Hypokalemia, Hyperglycemia, Hypocalcaemia, Dehydration, Gout, Diabetes mellitus, Rash, Insomnia, Depression, Deep vein thrombosis, Myocardial infraction, Renal failure, Squamous cell carcinoma, Basal cell carcinoma.
Lenalid 15mg do not take at pregnancy period, it causes fetal harm and leads to embryo fetal toxicity concludes as death.
Use effective contraceptives during Lenalid 15mg therapy for avoiding become pregnant.
Frequent blood cells count should be performed by undergoing CBCs.
Blood clotting is the major risk factor occurs during the therapy of Lenalidomide.
Clotting may occurs mostly in arms, legs & lungs, this may concludes as heart attack & sometimes stroke also occurs.
The most dominant warning signs of Lenalidomide
Embryo fetal damage
Venous & arterial thromboembolism
Lenalid 15mg should not be used in pregnancy period Lenalid 15mg causes fetal damage and finally leads to death Breast feeding should not be suggested.
Lenalid 15mg is contraindicated to pregnancy & lactating period. Anaphylactic reactions are produced because patients are contraindicated to the component of Lenalid 15mg.
1. Anti-Cancer-Drugs.com, a fully licensed and regulated pharmacy, takes all precautions to strictly abide by the laws and regulations set forth in the dispensing of prescription medications. By placing the order for your prescription medicines, you acknowledge and accept the following terms regarding the purchase of any prescription medicines.
2. Anti-Cancer-Drugs.com will not dispense any prescription medication without a valid prescription from a licensed physician.
3. If you are ordering prescription medication(s), you hereby confirm that you will send us a scanned copy of your valid prescription(s) via email, fax, Whatsapp, or by post, and this prescription shall then be subject to the scrutiny of and approval by our qualified Pharmacists.
4. The drug information provided in the Anti-Cancer-Drugs.com is for informative purposes only and this Website is not intended to provide diagnosis, treatment or medical advice. We are not liable for any adverse effects or harm to you as a result of your reliance on the information in the Website.
5. Anti-Cancer-Drugs.com requires either the User or Customer or the Caregiver to confirm he/she is completely aware of the indications, side effects, drug interactions, effects of missed dose or overdose of the medicines he/she orders from us. It is imperative to seek professional advice from your physician before purchasing or consuming any medicine from Anti-Cancer-Drugs.com
6. At Anti-Cancer-Drugs.com, a Caregiver can order prescription medicines on your behalf.