Eltrombopag is an oral tablet which is available as the brand-name drug Revolade 25mg. The drug is not available as a generic drug.
Revolade 25mg is a prescription drug which is used under the guidance of the doctor.
Revolade 25mg drug may be used as part of a combination therapy. Thereby drug may need to take it with other medications.
Revolade 25mg is mainly indicated for the treatment of patients having :
• Reduced platelet levels due to chronic immune thrombocytopenia
• Reduced platelet counts due to chronic hepatitis C virus infection
• Severe aplastic Anemia :
• First line treatment of severe aplastic Anemia
• Treatment of refractory severe aplastic Anemia.
Revolade be part of class of drugs called thrombopoietin (TPO) receptor agonists. A classification of drugs is aassociation of medications which work in a similar way. These drugs are often used to treat similar conditions.Revolade works by raise cells in bone marrow andleads these cells to make various platelets. This effect reducesthe risk of bleeding.
peak plasma concentration is 2-6 hours
highly human plasma protein bounding is >99% and in blood plasma level is 50% to 79%
predominantly metabolised through cleavage, oxidation and conjugation with glucuronic acid.
Revolade 25mg eliminated primarily via feces 59%, along with 31% via renally excreted
Half-life of Revolade 25mg healthy patients is 21-23 hours and idiopathic thrombocytopenic purpura is 26-35 hours.
Chronic Immune Thrombocytopenia:
Indicated only in patients with chronic immune thrombocytopenia whose clinical condition increases bleeding risk
50 mg PO qDay
Adjust dose to achieve and control platelet count (Plt) >50 x 10^9/L to lowers risk of bleeding; not to exceed 75 mg/day
Chronic Hepatitis C-associated Thrombocytopenia
Initial: 25 mg PO qDay
Dose is Adjust in 25 mg accretion q2weeks PRN to attain target Pltneeded to start/control antiviral therapy with pegylated interferon and ribavirin; not to exceed 100 mg/day
During antiviral therapy, regulate dose to stop dose reductions of peginterferon
Severe Aplastic Anemia
Concomitant use with standard immunosuppressive therapy, for patients with serious aplastic Anemia (SAA)
Usual dose: 150 mg PO qDay for 6 months
Do not give more thanstarting dose; total duration is 6 months
The drug given for this condition who fail to respond sufficient to at least 1 before immunosuppressive therapy
usual dose: 50 mg PO qDay
Adjust dose in 50-mg accretionq2Weeks PRN to attain target Plt ≥50 x 10^9/L as required; not exceed 150 mg/day; may take up to 16 weeks for hematologic response.
The drug causes warning condition, call the doctor while new medication interaction
Disease progression warning: Avoid using the drug while the patients have myelodysplastic syndrome (MDS), will increases the risk of death.
If other blood clot risk factors, then avoid the drug because it will increase platelet counts and blood clots.
If the patients have cataracts, avoid the drug due to the drug effects cataracts and make the condition worse.
• Revolade 25mg interaction with these drugs ezetimibe, glyburide, Olmesartan, repaglinide, valsartan, imatinib, irinotecan, lapatinib, methotrexate, mitoxantrone,Bosentan, sulfasalazine, and topotecan irinotecan leads increase of side effects. hence the doctor may reduce your dosage of these drugs if required.
• Revolade 25mg co administration with Cholesterol-reducing drugs like atorvastatin, fluvastatin, rosuvastatin, pravastatin, and simvastatin, pitavastatin. Have high side effects can contains muscle pain. The doctor may reduce the dosage of your cholesterol drugs.
• Revolade 25mg concomitant use with Antacids, vitamins, or supplements which involves Ca, Al, Fe, Se, Zn, or Mg. To stop interactions, then take Revolade two hours before or four hours after administrating any of these products.
Pregnancy category is C
Use the Revolade 25mg with caution if asset outweigh risks. Animal studies reveal risk and human studies not available or neither animal nor human studies done.
Common side effects :
• low red blood cells
• pain in head
• decreased appetite
Serious side effects :
• Urine in dark colour
• Yellowing of your skin
• Abdomen swelling
• Chest pain
• Cloudy vision
• Sensitivity to light
• Seeing circles around lights
• Swelling of legs.
In case of missed dose, patients must consult with medical practitioner and follow the instructions given by them. thereby missed dose should be avoid and follow the regular dosing schedule.
The presence of Revolade 25mg or metabolites in human milk, the drug has possible serious side effects for breastfed child. The drug is not recommended during breast feeding
Store at room temperature 200C to 250C.
Discard the left-out medicine if not used within 30 minutes
1. Anti-Cancer-Drugs.com, a fully licensed and regulated pharmacy, takes all precautions to strictly abide by the laws and regulations set forth in the dispensing of prescription medications. By placing the order for your prescription medicines, you acknowledge and accept the following terms regarding the purchase of any prescription medicines.
2. Anti-Cancer-Drugs.com will not dispense any prescription medication without a valid prescription from a licensed physician.
3. If you are ordering prescription medication(s), you hereby confirm that you will send us a scanned copy of your valid prescription(s) via email, fax, Whatsapp, or by post, and this prescription shall then be subject to the scrutiny of and approval by our qualified Pharmacists.
4. The drug information provided in the Anti-Cancer-Drugs.com is for informative purposes only and this Website is not intended to provide diagnosis, treatment or medical advice. We are not liable for any adverse effects or harm to you as a result of your reliance on the information in the Website.
5. Anti-Cancer-Drugs.com requires either the User or Customer or the Caregiver to confirm he/she is completely aware of the indications, side effects, drug interactions, effects of missed dose or overdose of the medicines he/she orders from us. It is imperative to seek professional advice from your physician before purchasing or consuming any medicine from Anti-Cancer-Drugs.com
6. At Anti-Cancer-Drugs.com, a Caregiver can order prescription medicines on your behalf.