Thalidomide, sold under the brand name Thaloda 50mg, among others, is an immunomodulatory drug and the prototype of the Thaloda 50mg class of drugs. Today, Thaloda 50mg is indicated primarily as a treatment of certain cancers (multiple myeloma) and of a complication of leprosy.
Thaloda 50mg is a prescription which is used under the guidance of healthcare providers
Thaloda 50mg in concomitant use with dexamethasone is used for the therapy of patients with recently diagnosed multiple myeloma.
Thaloda 50mg is indicated for the acute treatment of the cutaneous manifestations of moderate to severe erythema nodosum leprosum (ENL).
Thaloda 50mgis also indicated as maintenance treatment for inhibition and elimination of the cutaneous manifestations of ENL relapsed.
The dosage recommendation of following condition as follows:
The usual dose is 200mg PO qHS in 28-day cycles
Administer dexamethasone 40mg on days 1-4,9-12,17-20 of 28 days.
Erythema Nodosum leprosum :
The initial usual dose is 100-300 mg PO qHS.
If more serious reaction then may have started at 400mg, follow until active symptoms subsided, at least 2 weeks then titrate down by 50 mg increment q 2-4 weeks.
In patients affect with erythema nodosum leprosum (ENL) the pharmacological is not fully understood. Available data from in vitro data and preliminary clinical trials advise which the immunologic effects of this compound can vary essentially under different conditions but may be like abolition of excessive tumor necrosis factor-alpha (TNF-a) production and down-modulation of selected cell surface adhesion molecules contains in leukocyte migration. For example, Thalidomide administration has been resulted to reduce circulating levels of TNF-a in patients with ENL, however, it has also been revealing to increase plasma TNF-a levels in HIV-seropositive patients. As a cancer treatment, the drug may work as a VEGF inhibitor.
Time to peak plasma concentration is 2.9 to 5.7 hours
Plasma protein binding is 55% and 66% for the (+) R and (-) S enantiomers, respectively
Metabolized hepatically by enzymes of the cytochrome P450 enzyme system.
Excreted in the urine as unchanged drug is less than 0.7% of the dose.
Half-life of thalidomide is 5 to 7 hours.
Before starting Thaloda 50mg treatment, make sure to inform doctor about any other medications you are taking (containing prescription, over-the-counter, vitamins, herbal remedies, etc.). Avoid taking aspirin, or products including aspirin until the doctor especially permits this.
Avoid taking regimens that may cause drowsiness without first consulting your health care provider. Also avoid alcohol. For both men and women use contraceptives, and do not conceive a child (get pregnant) while taking Thaloda 50mg. serious, life-threatening birth defects may have reported with even one 50 mg dose. Methods of contraception has two types, such as latex condoms and spermicides, are required.
For women of childbearing potential should use contraception 4 weeks before you can start Thaloda 50mg. The manufacturer needed you to take a pregnancy test every month before you initiate a new prescription of thalidomide. This is to confirm that you or your significant other is not pregnant. Consult with your doctor when you may safely become pregnant or conceive a child after treatment.
Avoid breast feed while taking this medication.
Combination of Thaloda 50mg with opioids, antihistamines, antipsychotics, anti-anxiety agents, other CNS depressants may lead to additive sedative effect.
Thaloda 50mg interaction with cardiovascular medication will cause an additive bradycardic effect and should be used with caution.
Interaction with bortezomib, amiodarone, cisplatin, docetaxel, paclitaxel, vincristine etc will cause peripheral neuropathy and should be used with caution.
Unknown condition when combination of hormonal contraceptives further increases the risk of thromboembolism with Thaloda 50mg
Pregnancy category X Thaloda 50mg is contraindicated during pregnancy Thaloda 50mg will causes embryo-fetal harm when administered to pregnant female.
Bradycardia, Seizures, Tumor Lysis, Hypersensitivity , Teratogenicity, Venous and arterial thromboembolism, Increased Mortality , Drowsiness and somnolence, Peripheral neuropathy, Dizziness and orthostatic hypotension, Neutropenia, Thrombocytopenia, Increased HIV viral load.
Take the dose as soon as possible before next dose duration. Next dose time reaches then left off the missed dose and continue regular schedule. Avoid taking double dose at same time. Please consult the doctor for further information.
Avoid breastfeeding during treatment with Thaloda 50mg.
Store at 200C – 250C. Protect the drug from light.
Hypersentivity Pregnancy - the drug cause risk to fetal
1. Anti-Cancer-Drugs.com, a fully licensed and regulated pharmacy, takes all precautions to strictly abide by the laws and regulations set forth in the dispensing of prescription medications. By placing the order for your prescription medicines, you acknowledge and accept the following terms regarding the purchase of any prescription medicines.
2. Anti-Cancer-Drugs.com will not dispense any prescription medication without a valid prescription from a licensed physician.
3. If you are ordering prescription medication(s), you hereby confirm that you will send us a scanned copy of your valid prescription(s) via email, fax, Whatsapp, or by post, and this prescription shall then be subject to the scrutiny of and approval by our qualified Pharmacists.
4. The drug information provided in the Anti-Cancer-Drugs.com is for informative purposes only and this Website is not intended to provide diagnosis, treatment or medical advice. We are not liable for any adverse effects or harm to you as a result of your reliance on the information in the Website.
5. Anti-Cancer-Drugs.com requires either the User or Customer or the Caregiver to confirm he/she is completely aware of the indications, side effects, drug interactions, effects of missed dose or overdose of the medicines he/she orders from us. It is imperative to seek professional advice from your physician before purchasing or consuming any medicine from Anti-Cancer-Drugs.com
6. At Anti-Cancer-Drugs.com, a Caregiver can order prescription medicines on your behalf.