Veenat 400mg is a antineoplastic agents and used by alone regimen or together with other medicines for the treatment of different types of cancer or bone marrow conditions. Veenat 400mg will prevents the development of cancer cells in the body. Veenat 400mg is manufactured by Natco Pharma Ltd with 120 capsules in a container. Veenat 400mg strength available is 400mg, 100mg.
Veenat 400mg is a cancer curable regimen which indicated for following conditions:
Aggressive systemic mastocytosis (ASM)
Chronic eosinophilic leukemia (CEL)
Dermatofibrosarcoma protuberans (DFSP)
Gastrointestinal stromal tumors (GIST)
Hypereosinophilic syndrome (HES)
Myelodysplastic syndrome (MDS)
Myeloproliferative diseases (MPD)
Philadelphia chromosome positive acute lymphoblastic leukemia (Ph+ ALL)
Philadelphia chromosome positive chronic myeloid leukemia (Ph+ CML)
Veenat 400mg is a antineoplastic drug which inhibits the growth of cancer cells and bone marrow condition. Veenat 400mg is also knowns as tyrosine kinase inhibitor that interferes with the BCR-ABL tyrosine kinase produced by the Philadelphia chromosome abnormality in chronic myeloid (blood cancer) leukaemia(CML). It stops the multiplication and induces suppress in BCR-ABL positive cell lines, thereby leukaemic cells from Philadelphia chromosome positive CML. Veenat 400mg also prevent receptor kinases for platelet-derived growth factor (PDGF) and stem cell factor (SCF), c-kit, PDGF- and SCF-mediated cellular effects.
Adult : PO
Chronic myeloid leukaemia
• Chronic phase: 400 mg per day, given up to 600 mg/day or 400 mg bid if needed. • Blast crisis or accelerated phase: 600 mg per day, up to 400 mg bid if required. Dose of 600 mg per day with induction, consolidation or maintenance therapy for Acute lymphoblastic leukaemia; Monotherapy in relapsed or refractory acute lymphoblastic leukaemia Unresectable, metastatic GI stromal tumours 400 mg per day up to 400 mg bid. Hypereosinophilic syndrome 400 mg/day. Initial with 100 mg per day in patients w/ith FIP1L1-PDGF-α fusion kinase.
Myelodysplastic disease: 400 mg per day. Mastocytosis 400 mg per day. Initial with100 mg/day if there is analog eosinophilia. Dermatofibrosarcoma protuberans: 400 mg bid. Veenat 400mg should be taken with food by oral route.
Fast and well absorbed from the GI tract. Bioavailability of Veenat 400mg is Approx 98%. Duration of peak plasma concentration: 2-4 hr.
Plasma protein binding of Veenat 400mg Approx 95%.
Veenat 400mg metabolized in CYP3A4 isoenzyme and to a lesser extent through CYP1A2, CYP2D6, CYP2C9 and CYP2C19 isoenzymes.active metabolite of Veenat 400mg is N-demethylated piperazine derivative.
Eliminated through faeces (68%) and urine (13%) within 7 days; excreted mostly as metabolites, with 25% as unchanged drug. Elimination half-life: Approx 18 hr Veenat 400mg and approx 40 hr (N-demethylated piperazine derivative).
CARE TO BE TAKEN While taking Veenat 400mg, Inform your doctor about previously taking medicine involved in prescription and non prescription, over the counter, vitamins, herbal, nutritional supplements. • Avoid taking aspirin, or products containing aspirin until doctor specifically permit may decrease the effectiveness of this medication. • Acetominophen (Tylenol®) may not be recommended. Inform your doctor • Kindly discuss with health care professional if you are pregnant or chance of to be pregnant before starting this treatment. • For both men and women: Do not conceive a child (get pregnant) whileon treatment with Veenat 400mg. Barrier methods of contraception, such as condoms, are recommended. Discuss with your consultants , it will be safeto become pregnant or conceive a child after treatment. • Avoid breast feed while on medication therapy.
Veenat 400mg+ CYP3A4 inhibitor( azole antifungal, macrolide) → increased serum levels Veenat 400mg + CYP3A4 inducers → reduced serum concentration Food interaction: with grape fruit Veenat 400mg reduce serum levels.
Veenat 400mg store below 300C. Store in a tight container, protected from sunlight, moisture and freezing Keep out of the children’s Discard the drug after the expiry date. Dispose the unused drug by asking to the Pharmacist.
The following side effects of Veenat 400mg occurring in >30% for patients • Low RBC,WBC and platelets: May increased risk for infection, anemia or bleeding; Nausea and vomiting; Swelling of the face, feet, hands (edema) ; Muscle cramps and bone pain; Diarrhea; bleeding problem; Skin rash; Fever. Less common side effects of Veenat 400mg • Dyspnea; fatigue; athralagia; stomach cramping; heartburn; cold; decreased appetite; constipation, night sweat; weakness; problems in fertility.
Pregnancy category D :Veenat 400mg has positive effects on human fetal risk, but the asist from use in pregnant women may be occur even with the risk . It is ineffective while the drug needed for life threatening situation.
If you missed a dose take it as soon as possible, if time reach for next dose, then skip missed dose and continue regular schedule. Avoid taking two doses at a time. Avoid taking missed dose within 12hrs of the next dose.
Hypersensitivity and lactation contraindicated with Veenat 400mg
1. Anti-Cancer-Drugs.com, a fully licensed and regulated pharmacy, takes all precautions to strictly abide by the laws and regulations set forth in the dispensing of prescription medications. By placing the order for your prescription medicines, you acknowledge and accept the following terms regarding the purchase of any prescription medicines.
2. Anti-Cancer-Drugs.com will not dispense any prescription medication without a valid prescription from a licensed physician.
3. If you are ordering prescription medication(s), you hereby confirm that you will send us a scanned copy of your valid prescription(s) via email, fax, Whatsapp, or by post, and this prescription shall then be subject to the scrutiny of and approval by our qualified Pharmacists.
4. The drug information provided in the Anti-Cancer-Drugs.com is for informative purposes only and this Website is not intended to provide diagnosis, treatment or medical advice. We are not liable for any adverse effects or harm to you as a result of your reliance on the information in the Website.
5. Anti-Cancer-Drugs.com requires either the User or Customer or the Caregiver to confirm he/she is completely aware of the indications, side effects, drug interactions, effects of missed dose or overdose of the medicines he/she orders from us. It is imperative to seek professional advice from your physician before purchasing or consuming any medicine from Anti-Cancer-Drugs.com
6. At Anti-Cancer-Drugs.com, a Caregiver can order prescription medicines on your behalf.