Votrient (pazopanib) is a type of protein kinase inhibitors. It is also indicated for the treatment of advanced kidney cancer and soft tissue sarcoma Votrient 400mg is an antineoplastics medications which interfere with the development and spreadness of cancer cells in the body..
Votrient dosage for renal cell carcinoma and soft tissue sarcoma (cancer in joints, muscle) will be initially 800mg , the dose adjustment in 400mg increments or decrements dose based on tolerance but max dose in adult is 800mg/day.
Moderate total bilirubin >1.5 to 3 times, Votrient dose of 400mg once daily.
Votrient should be taken on a empty stomach (1hr before or 2hr after meals.
Swallow the medicine whole don’t chew/crush.
Food interaction :Avoid grapefruit juice or grapefruit juice.
Votrient 400mg is used as a single agent to treat the renel cell carcinoma and its advanced stage It works by preventing the activity of proteins which are interferes with the growth and spread of cancer cells. Votrient 400mg is also used as a single regimen to treat the Soft Tissue Sarcoma, (a type of cancer that occurs in the supportive tissue of the body). The cancer can develop in muscles, blood vessels, fat tissue or in other tissues that support, surround and protect organs
Absorbed partially from the GI tract. Bioavailability is 14-39%. Time of peak plasma concentration: 2-4 hr. Greater absorption with food.
the drug has human protein serum concentration is >99%.
Mainly in the liver the drug is metabolized by CYP3A4 enzyme and to a lesser extent by CYP1A2 and CYP2C8 enzymes.
Pazopanib primarily excreted through faeces approx 82%, 67% as unchanged drug and urine (<4%)with renal elimination. Terminal Elimination half-life: Approx 31 hr.
Votrient 400mg belongs to the classification of potent protein kinase inhibitor and selective multiple receptor tyrosine kinases (RTKs) which are define in beginning of signal transduction route that ready for multiplication of cancer cells and affect processes critical to cell survival and tumor breakthroughs . Stoppage of RTKs and includes the receptors for vascular endothelial growth factors (VEGFR-1, -2, and -3), platelet-derived growth factors (PDGFR-α and -β),pdgfra inhibitor and stem cell factor.
Strong CYP3A4 enzyme inhibitors (e.g. ketoconazole, itraconazole, voriconazole,etc) + Votrient 400mg → Increase plasma concentration.
Votrient + simvastatin → increases incidence of ALT elevation
Votrient 400mg + PPI e.g. esomeprazole → decreases bioavailability.
Concurrent use of strong of BCRP inhibitors or P-gp (e.g. lapatinib) and inducers + Votrient 400mg →alter the exposure and distribution of pazopanib.
Votrient 400mg + rifampin(strong CYP3A4 Enzyme inducers) →decreases the plasma concentration.
Before to the treatment of Votrient 400mg tablets please consult the doctor for following condition → Allgeric to pazopanib or any other drug products of pazopanib, which include in prescription, over the counters,vitamins,herbal remedies. → Do not take immunization or vaccination without doctors advice. → Inform your doctor about pregnancy and planning to pregnant. → Do not breast feed while treatment with Votrient
Category D: there is a positive effects for human fetal death but the benefits from use in pregnant women may be acceptable against the risk
Votrient 400mg has certain side effects, If any of the symptoms occrs or not cured then call the doctor immediately Major Votrient side effects : Diarrhae; High blood pressure; low WBC; Elevated liver function test; Blood test abnormalities; increased in bilirubin levels. Common Votrient Side effects: Nausea; loss of appetite; fatigue; blood test abnormalities (low magnesium, low glucose); weakness, stomach ache.
→ Votrient 400mg store at 20-250C. Votrient should store in locked cupboard in which children reach it. Votrient do not use after expiry date. Votrient must keep in its container till time to take the dose.
If administrated, the votrient dosing upto 2000mg can be and It is evaluated in clinical trials and treatment of overdose with votrient should consist of supportive measures and there is no specific antidote.
During breastfeeding the expert advice to either discontinue breastfeeding or the drug, in order to give importance of drug to the mother. The drug excreted into human milk and effects in the newborn baby is unknown.
The drug dose is missed, and then takes the drug dose as soon as possible. If adjacent dose time reached then leave the missed dose and continue the routine schedule. Avoid taking 2 doses at one time. Please consult your doctor for further clarification.
Votrient 400mg is contraindicated with hypersensitivity or any of its excipients
1. Anti-Cancer-Drugs.com, a fully licensed and regulated pharmacy, takes all precautions to strictly abide by the laws and regulations set forth in the dispensing of prescription medications. By placing the order for your prescription medicines, you acknowledge and accept the following terms regarding the purchase of any prescription medicines.
2. Anti-Cancer-Drugs.com will not dispense any prescription medication without a valid prescription from a licensed physician.
3. If you are ordering prescription medication(s), you hereby confirm that you will send us a scanned copy of your valid prescription(s) via email, fax, Whatsapp, or by post, and this prescription shall then be subject to the scrutiny of and approval by our qualified Pharmacists.
4. The drug information provided in the Anti-Cancer-Drugs.com is for informative purposes only and this Website is not intended to provide diagnosis, treatment or medical advice. We are not liable for any adverse effects or harm to you as a result of your reliance on the information in the Website.
5. Anti-Cancer-Drugs.com requires either the User or Customer or the Caregiver to confirm he/she is completely aware of the indications, side effects, drug interactions, effects of missed dose or overdose of the medicines he/she orders from us. It is imperative to seek professional advice from your physician before purchasing or consuming any medicine from Anti-Cancer-Drugs.com
6. At Anti-Cancer-Drugs.com, a Caregiver can order prescription medicines on your behalf.