Xeloda 150mg is a chemotherapy drug. It is used to treat many types of cancer including breast, colon, rectal, stomach, esophageal and pancreatic cancers.
Xeloda 150mg is given as tablets.
Xeloda 150mg is a prescription drugs which is used under the guidance of medical oncologist
Colorectal cancer :
Adjuvant treatment in Duke’s colon cancer
First line therapy in colon-rectal cancer metastasis
Breast cancer :
In metastatic breast cancer: used in combination with docetaxel after failure of anthracycline containing chemotherapy
Capecitabine belongs to type of chemotherapy Known asanti-metabolite. The body converts capecitabine into a general chemotherapy drug called fluorouracil. It blocks cells making and repairing DNA. Cancer cells require to make and repair DNA, so they can develop and replicate.
Duke Stage C Colon Cancer dosage as follows :
Adjuvant therapy :
The recommended dose is 1,250 mg/m2 orally twice a day for 2 weeks, followed by 1-week rest period, given as 3 week cycles for a total of 8 cycles (24 weeks).
Colorectal Cancer dosage as follows :
Metastatic disease :
The recommended dose is 1250 mg/m2 twice a day for 2 weeks every 21 days.
Breast Cancer dosage as follows :
Metastatic, resistant to paclitaxel, anthracyclines
Monotherapy: The recommended dose is 1250 mg/m2 twice a day for 2 weeks every 3 weeks
Concomitant use of therapy with Docetaxel: 1250 m2 orally twice a day for 2 weeks every 3 weeks plus Docetaxel 75 mg/m2 1 hour intravenous infusion every 3 weeks.
Take the table swallowing with water within 30 minutes after a meal
The safety and efficacy of the Xeloda 150mg tablets in pediatric patients has not been established
Time to peak plasma level at about 1.5 hours
Food reduced both the rate and duration of absorption of Xeloda 150mg with mean Cmax and AUC0-∞ reduced by 60% and 35% respectively
The human plasma protein bound to Xeloda 150mg is occurs in less than 60%
Bio-activation and metabolism:
Xeloda 150mg is largely metabolized to 5-FU enzymatically. In liver, 60 kDa carboxylesterase hydrolyses to 5’-deoxy-5-fluorocytidine.
The route of elimination of Xeloda 150mg is occurred through urine 95.5%
The mean terminal half-life period of Xeloda 150mg is 0.75 hour
Coagulopathy: concomitant with warfarin, anti-coagulant response should be monitored
Diarrhea: patients with severe diarrhea should be monitored
Cardio toxicity: while taking Xeloda 150mg, cardio toxicity occurs like; myocardial infarction, angina, dyshythmias, cardiac arrest sudden death, Cardiomyopathy
Dihydropyrimidine dehydrogenase deficiency
Dehydration and renal failure
Embryo fetal toxicity
Mucocutaneous and dermatologic toxicity
Care should be taken while using in geriatric patients
Anticoagulant: Xeloda 150mg concomitant with warfarin and phenprocoumon, bleeding occurs. These events occurred within several days and even a month also
Phenytoin: combination of phenytoin and Xeloda 150mg, toxicity related to elevation of phenytoin levels
Leucovorin: the toxicity and concentration of 5-FU increased by Leucovorin. In elderly patients, phenytoin and Leucovorin is administered weekly which may cause; diarrhea, dehydration, enterocolitis which may causes death.
CYP2C9 substrate: other than warfarin, there is no drug interaction occurs while concomitant with CYP2C9 substrates
Care should be taken while combination of Xeloda 150mg with CYP2C9 substrates
In case of administering Xeloda 150mg with food, it leads to reduce the rate and duration of absorption of Xeloda 150mg.
Xeloda 150mg tablets should be administered within 30 minutes after food
Diarrhea, nausea, anemia, Lymphopenia, head and foot syndrome, edema, fatigue, fever, headache, pain, paresthesia, alopecia, dermatitis, abdominal pain, anorexia, loss of appetite, constipation, dyspepsia, stomatitis, vomiting, neutropenia, thrombocytopenia, dyspnea, bilirubin decreased, eye irritation
Post marketing reports:
Pregnancy category: D
Xeloda 150mg may cause harm to the fetus
GenerallyXeloda 150mg should not be recommended in pregnancy or women who are become pregnant
Breast feeding is not recommended
The patient missed to take a single dose of Xeloda 150mg, should consult with medical oncologist and follow the suggestions Do not self medicate. Or missed dose should be swapped and continue the regular dosing schedule Do not double the dose
Xeloda 150mg should be stored at 20oC to 25oC (68oF to 77oF)
Xeloda 150mg is contraindicated to renal impairment patients
Xeloda 150mg is contraindicated in patients with hypersensitivity to Xeloda 150mg or other components
1. Anti-Cancer-Drugs.com, a fully licensed and regulated pharmacy, takes all precautions to strictly abide by the laws and regulations set forth in the dispensing of prescription medications. By placing the order for your prescription medicines, you acknowledge and accept the following terms regarding the purchase of any prescription medicines.
2. Anti-Cancer-Drugs.com will not dispense any prescription medication without a valid prescription from a licensed physician.
3. If you are ordering prescription medication(s), you hereby confirm that you will send us a scanned copy of your valid prescription(s) via email, fax, Whatsapp, or by post, and this prescription shall then be subject to the scrutiny of and approval by our qualified Pharmacists.
4. The drug information provided in the Anti-Cancer-Drugs.com is for informative purposes only and this Website is not intended to provide diagnosis, treatment or medical advice. We are not liable for any adverse effects or harm to you as a result of your reliance on the information in the Website.
5. Anti-Cancer-Drugs.com requires either the User or Customer or the Caregiver to confirm he/she is completely aware of the indications, side effects, drug interactions, effects of missed dose or overdose of the medicines he/she orders from us. It is imperative to seek professional advice from your physician before purchasing or consuming any medicine from Anti-Cancer-Drugs.com
6. At Anti-Cancer-Drugs.com, a Caregiver can order prescription medicines on your behalf.